Are you looking for a quick and cost effective way to edit photos easily? We use lots of different photography software both personally and for this site. But with so much pressure on time, we are always on the look-out for good shortcuts. Easy photo editing software that works quickly and does the job.
Recently we were sent a review copy of the brand new version of Photolemur. We have now been using Photolemur v3 for a couple of week to edit photos. It has quickly become one of our go-to photo editing tools, both as a Lightroom Plugin and as a simple standalone editor. Having used it extensively to enhance the photographs we took on a recent trip, we wonder how we ever managed without it!
We tested it out on a Mac, but it is also available for PC/Windows.
[The following content contains affiliate links. For more information, read our disclosure policy here.]
Simple Photo Editing Software?
So what is it? Photolemur is a completely automatic photo enhancer that uses Artificial Intelligence to apply all the enhancements your image needs, on its own. This means you can edit photos easily. And you get very professional results. All you have to do is to import your image into the software, and the photo enhancer does everything else automatically from there.
If you want an easy photo editing program which gives your photographs a professionally edited look, then this is the software for you. There is nothing to learn, and no lengthy manual to read.
Within 5 minutes of using it we were blown away by how quickly you can batch edit photographs. Photolemur is very reasonably price, and it is a one-off payment (no subscription), so you get a lot of photo-editing capability for a little outlay.
Here are a couple of our before and after photos.
The beauty of this easy digital photo editing software is that you can quickly transform your photos into images you’ll be proud to share. Saves hours of manual editing, with brilliant results. And when it is so easy to take hundreds of photos on a typical day out, having a photo editing tool that works so well so quickly is invaluable.
Photolemur 3 vs. Photo Editing Software
Photolemur is not exactly a photo editor. Complicated photo editing software requires manual adjustments and knowledge of advanced photography techniques. And it can take ages to edit a batch of photos. Plus, with the automatic functions in standard photo editors, you don’t get smart enhancement, you just get a set of hard-coded settings applied to your image. Photolemur is different.
Unlike other tools, Photolemur does everything automatically, eliminating the need for manual controls and hours spent enhancing photos. It doesn’t just apply presets to your photos, but actually analyzes the pixels and performs the necessary unique adjustments. In other words, you get professional quality image enhancement without being a pro. The above results show what you can achieve with one click!
A Quick Overview of Photolemur 3
This quick video shows you just how easy it is to use, and demos all the main features of the software.
Enhance All Your Photos In A Click
You do not need any instruction to learn how to edit photos with Photolemur. There are no complicated settings and choices. You can use it to edit your pictures one photo at a time, or batch process a whole group of photos all at once.
In the latest version you can apply boost, styles, and facial retouch to a batch of images all at once. Once you have edited a batch of photos you can examine each one before export and tweak it if you like. And remember this is not just presets and filters, the AI of the program intelligently examines the pixels in your photos and applies subtle but stunning edits automatically.
How To Use This Simple Photo Editing Software
You can learn to use this easy to use photo editing software by reading one paragraph. That is how simple it is.
To use Photolemur, you simply drag and drop photo(s), or choose an image(s) using the ‘Import’ button. Then let the app complete the adjustments. After this is done, you can view the difference between the quality of the original image and Photolemur’s edit, using the special ‘before/after’ slider. To save the photo, simply click on the ‘Export’ button and choose any of the export options. Decide how much of the effect you want to apply with the Boost slider. Choose whether or not to apply facial enhancement. Change the look by applying one of six built-in styles, or just take the default enhancement.
Below is another example. The original photograph, then one with the “standard” Photolemur enhancement. The immediately the colours are more vibrant, the contrast is better. Finally, the same image with one of the built-in styles: mono. This is such a good black and white style, with good contrasts.
Photolemur doesn’t have any hard-coded filters or presets. Instead, it applies specific targeted enhancements to every pixel and object in your photo. Photolemur is powered by an Artificial Intelligence algorithm that recognises objects, faces, trees, sky, foliage, and more. It distinguishes between portraits, landscapes, and macro photographs and applies the appropriate enhancements for each type of image. You can see this in action in our before and after shots.
With technology based on image recognition and Artificial Intelligence, Photolemur corrects all kinds of camera flaws and imperfections to make your photos even better. All you have to do is import your image to the app. The photo enhancer does everything automatically from there. You can then choose to apply a certain style, whether or not to use the facial enhancement, and also set the intensity of the adjustments with the boost slider. It is genuinely that easy.
Face Recognition And Facial Enhancement
We particularly loved Photolemur 3’s “Face Finish” which automatically smooths skin, removes imperfections, enhances eyes, and whitens teeth. It’s subtle but dramatic, as you can see in the example below. The ‘eye enlargement’ feature subtly brings out your eyes, with a slight enlargement, but without looking ridiculous or cartoon-like. The skin smoothing is natural and doesn’t look overdone. And of course the rest of the photo has more pop, clarity and visual impact.
This is effortless skin retouching, and works equally well on portraits, groups shots, and selfies.
As you can see in our photographs before enhancement, many photos lose the vibrancy of colours you can see with your naked eye when you’re photographing a scene. Photolemur has a colour recovery feature that fixes this issue by instantly adjusting the dull colours in your photographs.
You can easily enhance the sky in your photos to make it vivid yet natural-looking. You can see in the before and after photos below, the blue tones of the sky have been made more striking and the clouds are sharper with improved light effects, yet the sky is still natural-looking.
Photolemur picks out individual trees, leaves, and any foliage then adjusts the colour, sharpness, saturation, and contrast to make them stand out and bring out their natural beauty (see before and after shot above, look at the forest to the side of the lake as well as the reed bed).
Photolemur automatically fixes your photo’s exposure to compensate for under and overexposures. It uses smart technology to quickly detect inaccurate exposure settings. It then automatically adjusts these settings to achieve the optimal exposure for any particular image, whether by darkening or brightening it.
Instantly remove unwanted haziness or fog for crystal clear images. With Smart Dehaze, Photolemur automatically detects and eliminates unnatural haze or unwanted fog, mist, and smog in your photos. It enhances the colours, and brings back the details. It also learns from each successfully corrected photo so that it gets better with every use.
Natural Light Correction
Taking into account the time of day in each photo, the Daylight Correction adjusts the tone, exposure, and contrast to bring out the natural and life-like lighting in your captured moments. Whether it’s the morning, evening or the the afternoon, it adjusts the lighting according to when you took the photo.
With built-in denoise, Photolemur removes unwanted chromatic, luminance, and other types of noise, often caused by high ISO settings, or your camera’s poor noise handling. This will give you clearer, cleaner images. After Denoise has been applied, the software is then able to further analyze and adjust the photos for the appropriate tint, colour, exposure, and other variables while maintaining image quality.
Tint Perfection gives your photo the ideal tint that fits it most, depending on the time of the day and the season in which it was taken. Based on several variables, including the image itself and the composition, it decides whether to apply a warmer red tint or a cooler blue one. Relive the feeling of your photos with the appropriate tint.
The jpeg format is a lossy (or compressed) format, and depends on a lot of processing being done by your camera at the time your photos are taken. So another thing Photolemur will do automatically is bring back the details to your JPEGs. With the JPEG Fix, this easy digital photo editing software pinpoints and corrects errors in your JPEG images by suppression compression artefacts. What this does is bring back much of the lost sharpness, clarity, and detail while at the same time cleaning up unwanted noise which occurs during from the compression process.
One of our favourite things about Photolemur is the way it processes RAW files. It handles and enhances RAW images flawlessly, no matter what camera you shot with. Because RAW photos almost always require some editing before you can export and share them, Photolemur really speeds up this process by taking the manual work out of RAW image editing.
Auto Lens Correction
Photolemur accounts for typical lens-generated issues like distortion, chromatic aberration, and vignetting with its Auto Lens Correction. It intuitively fixes these as part of the enhancement process.
Auto Color Temperature
Many photographers (us included …!) do not give the white balance settings in their cameras much thought, often resulting in photos with inaccurate colour temperature and unnatural colour casts. Photolemur’s auto colour temperature makes correct adjustments for you so you get natural looking colours, even if you did forget to set the white balance.
A Few More Things You Need To Know
- Uses smart technologies
- Works on Mac and PC
- Edits photos in bulk or individually
- Use as a standalone app, or as a Lightroom/Photoshop/Mac Photos plugin
- Easy to use photo editing program, automatically analyzes and perfects images
- No complicated controls, powered with AI
- No subscription payments – just one small payment and you own Photolemur forever
- Further personalise your images with built-in styles including Apollo, Evolve, Mono
- Export directly to Facebook, Twitter, SmugMug, Email and Flickr. Or export to disk.
- Photolemur is currently available in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French and Japanese.
- Photolemur supports RAW photos. To check the full list of supported cameras click here.
The Best Easy Photo Editing Software?
If you are looking for the best way to edit photos, and you just want some good easy photo editing software then this software will tick a lot of boxes. Why? Because of its built-in intelligence. Of course if you want lots of control, and you want to be able to fine-tune settings then you might find Photolemur a bit frustrating. BUT, it gives such good results so quickly, it really is a very useful photo editing tool. We particularly like the fact you can use it as a plug-in so you can use other software to crop etc, then for a final polish apply the Photolemur magic.
On our last trip, we took over 2000 photos, and so never managed to share as many as we would have liked because it was soooo time-consuming to edit each one individually. Especially the RAW files. Photolemur will definitely be our go-to software on our next trip, for quick, social-media friendly and beautifully enhanced photos. What is more, you make one small payment and own the software for life, so there is no costly subscription.
Convinced? Visit the official Photolemur site, find out more, and see many more examples of before and after edits.
Alternatives to Photolemur
Photolemur is excellent, but you might also be interested in the following best selling photo editing software too.
- Adobe Sensei AI technology powers automated options that make it a snap to get started, and there’s always room to add your personal touch
- Auto generated creations are made just for you and delivered to your home screen
- Get step by step help making incredible effects and creations with 55 guided edits
- Get software valued at over 400 dollars including an exclusive ParticleShop plugin with 5 brush starter pack plus GRFX Studio, Parallels Toolbox, Photomirage...
- Choose and customize your workspace to suit your photo editing needs and style
- Pro-level photo editing with high precision depth of field, selection, and cloning tools; save time with faster text editing and scripts
- Edit and Share digital photos and other images
- Improve photo quality, adjust the color balance, crop, rotate, resize, and more
- Add text, frames, clipart, and more to your photos
- Fotoworks XL is an all encompassing photo editing program which includes all the features that we know from successful and well known photo editing software
- Photo editing software for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP - Very easy to use - Free updates - Detailed get started videos and an...
- All major functions for photo editing such as image manipulation, photo effects, filters, masks etc. in the image editing program or image editing software
- Adobe Sensei AI technology powers automated options that make it a snap to get started, and there’s always room to add your personal touch
- Auto generated creations are made just for you and delivered to your home screen the place to discover new photo and video tricks and techniques
- Remove unwanted objects from photos, make time-lapse videos, and more with 78 step by step Guided Edits
- More than 200 unique filters, amazing special effects, a big collection of picture-in-picture effects, rich set of various frames for any event of your life,...
- Collage editor allows to combine several photos into amazingly looking photo collages with a wide variety of adjustable frames, shapes, customizable...
- Magic tools comprising the following outstanding features: Blend feature for combining of two images together using a big collection of masks, backgrounds and...
- ULTIMATE REMOVAL TOOL – erase backgrounds, persons or objects from your pictures
- PHOTO EDITING – choose from a variety of useful editing tools, benefit from a wide selection of background images, filters, frames and textures
- WIDE FIELD OF APPLICATION – create artistic collages and photomontages for any occasion such as weddings, vacations and birthday parties
- Merge of bracketed exposures to HDR, tone mapping and exposure fusion
- Automatic Alignment of Hand-Held Photos
- Advanced Tools for Ghost Removal
- EASY EDITING – Luminar 4 Photo Editing software offers a sleek UI that lets you create professional images in less time. No Subscription or monthly payments:...
- AI SKY REPLACEMENT - Replace the sky to change the mood of your photo instantly. Thanks to intelligent algorithms, this challenging task is now automated
- AI SKIN ENHANCER - Enhance your portraits faster than ever with revolutionary human-aware technology. Get amazingly realistic results on portraits shot outdoors...
- The number 1 alternative to Adobe Photoshop, GIMP 2020 is a powerful fully featured yet easy to use photo and image editing software.
- Edit your photos and graphics or create your very own masterpiece from scratch using a full suite of tools, channels and layers.
- Fully compatible with a plethora of file formats including Photoshop. Create, edit, open and save to Photoshop .PSD file format.
Last updated on 2020-02-10 / Affiliate links / Images via Amazon Product Advertising API