We update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. You can find out when it was last updated if you scroll down to the bottom of the page,
Information we collect
- We will collect personal data on this website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to sign up for our free e-newsletter. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
- We do not collect or store any payment information on this site.
Use, storage and disclosure of your information
- We may hold and process this personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and send you our e-newsletters from time to time, but we will not transfer, share, sell, rent or lease your personal data to third parties. We may share your personal data within our group of companies, but it will still be subject to these terms if we do.
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information;
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- Further, we may use your data so that you can be provided with information about goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected;
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means for which you provided consent; and
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our use, you can opt out at any time via the unsubscribe button in the email, or by contacting us at any time.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
- You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us.
- The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
- You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them. Please also refer to our affiliate disclaimer page for further details of some of our links to third parties.
First Party Cookies (These are cookies that are set by this website directly)
WordPress: Our websites runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html
Third Party Cookies
These are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook, Google+, GitHub and Pinterest. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of our website. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on this website.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. All our content is suitable for audiences of all ages.
CAN SPAM Act
- We collect your email address when you choose to opt-in solely to market to our mailing list.To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Third Party Behavioral Tracking
Access to information
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by us. This right can be exercised by you in accordance with the Act – an access request will be subject to a fee of £10 towards our costs of complying with your request for the information we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
Changes to this policy
- We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data. You can find out when this policy was last updated at the bottom of this page.
Version 2: Last updated Friday 22nd July 2016